Orleans Country Club Committees
Excerpt from Orleans Country Club Bylaws
The Board of Directors shall appoint Committees for conducting the affairs of the Corporation. Committees must have a minimum of one member of the Board of Directors acting as liaison to the board. Committee Chairs, committee members and the duties of each committee are published in a separate document on an annual basis.
A sampling of committees are below and are subject to change on an annual basis based on need. New members are always welcome! If you have an interest in joining a committee, contact the board of directors.
- ActivitiesSets up activities schedule for the season for publication
- AuditTeam appointed to conduct an audit of the corporation.
- BudgetOversees the budget and make recommendations to the board.
- By LawsTo continue to look at the by laws and recommend change for the future. (Once receiving initial board approval, would be voted upon at the Annual Meeting.)
- Golf Car FleetOversees purchasing and maintenance records of golf car fleet.
- FundraisingFriends of OCC who organize fundraising opportunities.
- Fun Nite RafflePlans annual Fun Nite Raffle event from ticket sales, prize collections, decorations and menu.
- GreensOversees outside operations of country club. Oversees course superintendent & assistant superintendent. Recommends to board course needs & restructuring.
- HandicapCleans up member databases by inactivating players no longer active & changing/correcting classification on players. Keeps current club license with the USGA Handicap System, which promotes handicap uniformity and consistent usage amongst clubs. Post club handicaps of the members.
- HouseOversees maintenance of clubhouse inside and out.
- LandscapingOversees all flowerbeds and landscaping. Organizes volunteers for spring and fall clean-up.
- Marketing & MembershipOversees web site, blog, facebook, e-blast and subscribers list. Creates posters for all club events. Develops ideas for marketing OCC. Oversees newspaper, radio advertising. Oversees Tee Sign Sponsors. Tracks Membership.
- RulesConsults with Josh Olney, PGA on the local rules of golf as identified on our scorecards.
- Scholarship Arthur MandrosDetermine recipients of the Arthur Mandros scholarships for presentation at the Arthur Mandros / Bob Silvester Open.
- StewardsAssist General Manager with coordination & support of the “big decisions” with the inside operations of the restaurant and clubhouse. i.e. Hours of operation, serving breakfast, etc.
- Tournaments MenOversees the organization of all men’s tournaments.
- Tournaments WomenThe Orleans Country Club Women’s Association governs women’s tournaments. The board member listed here reports to the board on the progress of those tournaments.
- Bob Silvester Junior Golf ProgramPlans youth program for the season with Josh Olney. Determines how Jesse Strong memberships will be distributed and who will receive them.